Editorial Principal

La Redención y Reconciliación de la Raza Humana

Cinco Verdades Bíblicas Sobre la Salvación por Manolete - je “D E L E G A R” (Romanos 1:16) Hablando en términos modernos, digamos que el pe...

Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Changed Life

The Changed Life
By manolete-je
May the Lord grant you all what life there is in my story. I'm glad you called for help, because I need help too! Truly I do- that's the changed life! I hope my story, briefly, as I look upon it, answers your inquiry.
I'm 51 years of age. My wife and I just celebrated out 21st wedding anniversary on Good Friday- it was a day mixed with tons of emotions, remembering, “what now my Lord hath suffered, in our place,” and at the same time celebrating the joy of being together thus far. (Truly, indeed, "Ebenezer".).
The focus of my story has to do with living in the light of the glory of knowing the Lord Jesus, my dear Holy Savior, and the pursuit of wisdom, and yet also, having to grieve over the decisions of our two older children. Yet "I know whom I have believed in. . . . " My redeemed life, however, is mixed with grief and moments of great peace and joy. For each day we recognize His faithfulness! Each morning my strength is renewed to live that day with renewed joy in the Lord, knowing "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." I live with joy in my heart, though my soul and my life may at times be mournful- because of my sin and my errors, and over the consequences wrought in my life and in the life of my children. This, my friend, is what the changed life is like for us. So I recall the word of our good Master, "Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted" and "Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
Our dear son, the 18 year old, moved to California in October of 2006. We led him, positively and negatively, I suppose, to convince him not to go. He'll be 19 soon. He and his friend had apparently made a friendship pact a while back to live together in California and enjoy life together. His friend, though, is married, with two children, and had until recently been unemployed and living with his parents. So our son is now living with them- they've acquired their own place to live now. (Anyway, long story, and many details). He says he misses us very much, and has recently found employment with the help of my friend. Praise the Lord our prodigal is fine, and living clean!
Then there's our daughter, a long and grievous story. She'll be 20 in May. She and her husband are living with us- it's a long story too. He's unemployed and actively seeking employment. (And then, our daughter is suffering bouts of depression; as well as post-partum depression, etc; now we are told she may suffer from a bi-polar disorder. The Lord knows).
Finally, there's our almost 14 year old son. He is truly a redeeming joy, and brings life to his name "TheLordIsGiving." He's doing well in 7th grade! He is full of life and pep in many ways, and a challenge as well. Youthful life has him caught up in video games, television, and surfing the net. Amid all this, daily, I strive to direct him toward the Lord. He wants to be a movie director! He even desires to make a biblical film! The Lord grant him his desire.

Lastly, I'm glad to report we are proud grandparents now- though the first little one was conceived out of wedlock. And our second granddaugher, just last week, saw the light of day; another little one! (Gladly, for us, she was conceived in marriage). And so the story goes; it's not new. When I served as a pastor in California for 6 years, I counseled and prayed with families like mine.
And so I'm gladly learning wisdom. Thus is the changed life- following the Lord Jesus, learning to love Him, to love our own, and yet also those within and without the church who are in need just as we.

So dear friend, thank you for the call, and for letting me share. The “changed life” is a life of dependence and trust in the Lord amid the ever present circumstances of our Christian walk in this world. I need and depend on God's grace and mercy for every day. It's good to know "the testing of our faith produces patient" wisdom, and that "it is more precious than gold which perisheth." Graciously, God gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ in this life.

May the resurrected Lord Jesus, "who gave it all away for me," be with you all. Amen.

No comments: